Tuesday, November 6, 2012

And the beat goes on.

After about ten days in Savannah, I'm finally ready to continue on my journey. I added two new batteries to my system today, and a third six-gallon fuel tank. Hopefully, I'll be able to go for a few days at a time now without having to stop at a marina. I'm only about 130 miles from the Florida border, and I hope to cross that line by Friday evening.

    One thing this trip has done for me so far is renew my faith in the kindness of strangers. It almost seems as though every person I've met had a meeting before I started, and arranged a competition to see who can be the kindest and most helpful. That being the case, Mary at Savannah Bend Marina is shooting for the top spot. Not only has she let me use her car several times to go out in town and run errands, but the other day, she "forgot" to ring me up for some groceries in the ship's store. This morning, she stopped down by my slip with three bags full of stuff for me.

Win.

Yesterday I undertook the task of moving my sleeping quarters from the salon double berth to the v-berth. It was a long, arduous task to shuffle all of my stuff around since I had been using the v-berth as a storage area, but it was well worth the trouble. It feels like I've just upgraded from a studio apartment to a one bedroom, there's so much more usable space down below now. Added bonus; it's warmer in the v-berth, which is a big plus, since it's been dipping into the 30's at night here. I can't wait to get down to warmer climes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment