Sunday, October 28, 2012

Well, THAT was anticlimactic.

     I guess that Savannah was the perfect place to ride out the storm, because all I got here was about 20kt of wind for about two days. Not a single drop of rain. To all of my friends and family up north that are reading this, sorry. I woke up this morning, expecting it to be another windy, overcast day, and, to my surprise, it's beautiful, a light breeze, clear skies and a comfortable temperature.
     Again, I've managed to find a great marina, Savannah Bend Marina, in Thunderbolt, GA. I've been here for two days now, and will be here for another couple days until my final paycheck from the Marines clears. Today, one of the ladies that works here, Mary, let me borrow her car to go run errands out in town. I had forgotten how amazing Goodwill is, I managed to get some new clothes, a strainer, and a new pot to replace the one at the bottom of the river in South Carolina, all for about $17.

No comments:

Post a Comment